My Wonderful Weekend

Here I go again with the lack of updates.  Well…Friday was my niece’s birthday, and so naturally since I had the day completely planned down to the minute…I woke up with a migraine.  This seemed natural for me.  I took a pill and then went on with my day.  I had to bake a cake, buy a birthday card, wrap presents, gather make-up (the girls were doing make overs), pick up the pizza, pick up one of my niece’s friends, pick up my mom, and then be at my sister’s house to help her with the party.  This whole migraine thing just wasn’t going to work for me.  I somehow managed to get everything done, and Kelsey’s party went well.  She had two friends that I she has known since kindergarten and then two that she just met this year at her new school.  They all seemed to get along well – much to my surprise (It seems that whenever I mixed groups of friends at my birthday parties things never turned out so well).  The girls swam, watched movies, played Dance Dance Revolution, and did make overs.

My niece is only eleven years younger than me, because of this we have more of a sister/friend vibe than an aunt/niece thing between us.  I called her Friday to tell her Happy Birthday, and I was given instructions about how I was to dress for her party.  I was told to “dress cute.”  I asked her what that meant, and she started listing suggestions of what I should wear.  She always calls me her “Cool Aunt Vicky,” and I guess she just wanted to make sure that I fit the part that night.  I suppose it worked, because three of her friends didn’t want me to leave.  They wanted me to spend the night too.  The other one of her friends acted like she didn’t even want to be there herself, so who knows what her deal was.  I did leave though, and the next morning my wonderful migraine that I fought off the day before had decided to return with a vengeance.

I couldn’t move on Saturday.  I have not had a migraine that bad in a really long time.  I’m not sure why I’m getting them so bad now, except for stress…  It seems that stress is the possible culprit, but I don’t know how I’m going to get rid of that, so I’m just going to have to deal.  Saturday night I had to babysit.  I really didn’t feel like babysitting, but then again I really wanted the money, so I did it anyway.  It wasn’t so bad.  By that point I had taken so much medicine that my headache was just a dull pain and the girl I was babysitting was really sweet, so  it all worked out.

Except on Sunday I woke up sick.  My throat, my ears, my head, my nose, my everything hurt.  Sinus infection.  I’m nearly certain.  I spent Sunday not wanting to move, because every time I did it hurt.  I’ve discovered that I don’t do sick very well.  Today, Monday, I’m still sick.  Plus I’m dreading tomorrow (more on that later).  I can’t turn my brain off.  All I do is think, and that just hurts.

Sorry this is long and rambling…blame it on the cold medicine.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s